Solutions Provide Persistent Endpoint Security and Management to K12 Students and Faculty
Vancouver, Canada: June 4, 2014 – Absolute® Software Corporation (TSX: ABT), the industry standard for persistent endpoint security and management solutions for computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones, today announced 21 of the 25 largest school districts in the United States use Absolute Software solutions to protect, secure, and manage devices used by students and faculty.* Absolute Software works collaboratively with these school districts to provide a safer environment while managing and securing mobile devices, including Absolute's industry-only persistent monitoring, protection, investigation, and recovery services.
The 2013 American School and University 100 list represents the largest school systems in the United States by enrollment in 2011-12, based on data from state education departments and individual districts.
Absolute Software has provided educational organizations with the ability to remotely manage and secure their IT endpoints for more than 20 years. With Absolute technology activated on mobile devices, students and staff are able to focus on learning and rest easy knowing their devices are remotely managed and secure. With Absolute Software, K12 IT managers in these large districts significantly reduce their security risk and ensure students safety, while providing a seamless and well-managed learning experience. As a result, Absolute K12 customers benefit from lower single-vendor costs and overhead, allowing them to devote more resources and budget to learning initiatives.
Absolute K12 customers use the following solutions:
- Absolute to centrally track, locate, and secure PC, Mac and mobile devices that support persistence, including Samsung Android devices and Windows 8 tablets within a single cloud-based console.
- Absolute Manage® to manage, configure, and deploy Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices.
- Absolute Service for IT service management and help desk capabilities, including integration with Computrace and Absolute Manage so that K12 IT can perform select commands from all products within a single console.
- Absolute Safe Schools is an integrated program that works in conjunction with Computrace. Overseen by the Absolute Investigations team, Absolute Safe Schools can help keep students, staff, and school environments safe.
- Computrace Mobile Theft Management safeguards iPad and iPad mini devices from loss and theft.
Many of these solutions are supported with Absolute persistence technology, providing K12 IT departments with the means to stay connected with each device, regardless of user or location. This consistent connection allows school districts to remotely collect detailed data from each device so they can prove appropriate use to satisfy federal and other public funding entities.
“Absolute Software is a trusted partner of Lewisville Independent School District. Absolute Software allows us to remotely manage all of our 69,000+ mobile, OS X and Windows devices with a single solution,” said Mark Bulthaup, Desktop Management Lead at Lewisville Independent School District. “With Absolute Manage we are able to provision devices, keep track of software licenses and easily push out software updates in minutes, freeing up valuable IT time for other tasks.”
“Faced with limited budgets and the need to support 1:1 and other learning initiatives, we’ve worked hard to support our Education customers with the technology and programs they need,” said Errol Olsen, Interim CEO at Absolute Software. “But it’s about more than simply protecting devices. K12 school districts also want to provide a safe and secure learning environment for their students and staff.”
*2013 American School and University 100: enrollment in largest US school districts compared with the overall district population