Absolute to Deliver Enterprise-Caliber Management for iPhone
Absolute Software Unveils Plans to Support Apple iOS 4 in Absolute Manage
Vancouver, Canada: June 22, 2010 – Absolute® Software Corporation (“Absolute” or the “Company”) (TSX: ABT), the leading provider of firmware-based, patented, computer theft recovery, data protection and secure computer lifecycle management solutions today released plans to provide enterprise-caliber management capabilities for Apple iOS 4 devices, including iPhone, as core components of its lifecycle management solution Absolute Manage. With support for Apple iOS 4, Absolute Manage will provide IT departments with tools to help manage popular Apple products in an enterprise environment.
"Apple mobile devices have been very well-received by consumers and, increasingly, among larger organizations," said John Livingston, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Absolute. "With enterprise deployments of these devices on the rise, we are extending our long-standing focus on lifecycle management for Apple products to include robust management for iPhone. With our forthcoming solution, IT will be able to address brand new challenges such as managing in-house applications and managing iOS device configuration.”
Enterprise tools for management of iPhone
Slated for general availability during the summer of 2010, an updated version of Absolute Manage will provide IT departments managing iOS 4 devices with the ability to remotely manage aspects of lifecycle management and data protection.
Lifecycle management features include the ability to remotely:
- Manage user profiles
- Manage provisioning profiles
- Inventory installed third-party applications (custom developed or from the AppStore)
- Gather device lifecycle management information from the devices
Data protection features include the ability for IT administrators to remotely send a:
- Device Lock command to any iOS 4 device in an emergency
- Clear Passcode command
- Remote Wipe command to delete sensitive data from a missing or stolen device
Building on a history of delivering manageability for enterprise Apple users
Absolute Manage is purpose-built to support IT departments that contend day-to-day with a mixed population of Apple and PC computers. Existing core features of the solution provide the industry’s leading lifecycle management solution for Mac computers. Features currently enjoyed by Mac administrators include:
- Application & License Management – Deploy software and manage licenses across the network
- Security, Change & Configuration Management – Remotely monitor and adjust configurations, and execute files
- Automated Patch Management – Centrally manage and install patches, and report on patch status for all managed systems
- Computer Imaging - Install a complete OS plus all standard applications onto Mac computers while in use or just out of the box
- Power Management – Comply with green initiatives and lower total cost of ownership by remotely enforcing power saving policy profiles
- Asset Inventory – Collect hardware and software data points from devices over the network and analyze the information for timely and fact-based asset management decisions
General availability of support for iOS 4 within Absolute Manage is scheduled for release during calendar Q3, 2010.
This press release contains forward-looking statements and financial outlook that involve risks and uncertainties. These forward-looking statements and financial outlook relate to, among other things, the expected performance, functionality and availability of the Company’s services and products, and other expectations, intentions and plans contained in this press release that are not historical facts. When used in this press release, the words “plan,” “expect,” “believe” and similar expressions generally identify forward-looking statements. These statements reflect the Company’s current expectations. They are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, changes in technology and general market conditions. In light of the many risks and uncertainties, readers of the press release should understand that Absolute cannot assure them that the forward-looking statements and financial outlook contained in this press release will be realized. Furthermore, the forward-looking statements and financial outlook contained in this press release are made as of the date hereof and the Company does not undertake any obligation to update publicly or to revise any of the included forward-looking statements and financial outlook, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as may be required by applicable securities laws.
©2019 Absolute Software Corporation. All rights reserved. ABSOLUTE and PERSISTENCE are registered trademarks of Absolute Software Corporation. Other names or logos mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. For patent information, visit www.absolute.com/patents. The Toronto Stock Exchange has neither approved nor disapproved of the information contained in this press release.
For more information, please contact:
Media and Analyst Relations
Jill Rosenthal, InkHouse
firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-966-4167
Joo-Hun Kim, MKR Group
email@example.com or 212-868-6760