Absolute Ransomware Response
Giving you an advantage for ransomware preparedness and recovery across your device fleet.
Monitor endpoint ransomware preparedness
Ransomware is one of the most significant threats to businesses worldwide. Increase your organization’s ransomware preparedness and assure that the tools needed for remediation, eradication, and recovery are always in place and functioning as expected.
Identify key device management tools required to minimize ransomware exposure and assure expedited recovery
Establish and maintain a cyber hygiene baseline across Absolute-registered endpoints
Monitor endpoint security posture and automatically heal critical controls
Leverage custom workflows and task automation commands to expedite recovery
Receive actionable guidance to manage endpoint recovery efforts, putting less demands on IT and security teams
Assess your strategic ransomware readiness
Establish a cyber hygiene baseline across endpoints
- Absolute cybersecurity experts evaluate your existing security posture across your Absolute endpoints to identify key security controls (e.g., anti-virus/anti-malware, endpoint protection, or endpoint detection and response solutions), as well as device management tools that are required to minimize ransomware exposure and assure expedited recovery efforts.
Jointly, we establish policies that automate monitoring and self-healing of essential device management tools and security controls that are needed to detect, restore, and prevent ransomware. In addition, we train your personnel on how to monitor application health and apply these baseline policies to new devices as they are enrolled.
Provide remote assistance in your endpoint recovery efforts
Expedite recovery tasks
- We equip you with the capabilities to communicate with end users even when their devices are compromised, and to freeze endpoints to preserve evidence for litigation purposes while limiting further spread of infection.
Ensure that endpoint security and device management tools that might have been rendered inoperable are functioning, even under distress, and execute workflow and task automation commands to expedite device recovery, leveraging a library of custom scripts.
What experts love about Absolute
"The reality is that, while organizations are very concerned about the time to recover from ransomware attacks, they often solely focus on prevention tools, without planning for the worst-case scenario: falling victim to an attack. By building a plan and improving their preparedness and simplifying the endpoint recovery process for their organizations, they can accelerate businesses’ ability to recover and resume operations."
Eric Hanselman, Principal Research Analyst
451 Research (part of S&P Global Market Intelligence)
Absolute Ransomware Response
Absolute Ransomware Response boosts ransomware preparedness and time-to-recovery.
The Reality of Ransomware Attacks
It’s not a matter of if but when your company will be affected. Our panel will discuss more efficient and quicker ways to resume operations impacted using Absolute Ransomware Response.
Absolute Ransomware Response FAQ
Absolute Ransomware Response enables customers to assess their ransomware preparedness for endpoints, monitors their endpoint cyber hygiene across the device fleet, and allows for an expedited endpoint recovery leveraging Absolute’s always-on connectivity, automated restoration capabilities for key security and management tools (e.g., Microsoft® Endpoint Manager, Ivanti®, Tanium™, SentinelOne®, CrowdStrike™), and library of Absolute Reach scripts.
Absolute Ransomware Response addresses the following negative consequences when it comes to falling victim to a ransomware attack and facing delays in recovery efforts for endpoints:
- Prolonged shutdown of company’s business operations, specifically user recovery and endpoint restoration.
- Lower employee productivity due to lengthy recovery efforts for remote devices.
- Increased support costs from higher volume of help desk tickets by panicked end users when encountering ransom notices on their devices.
- Financial loss associated with complex remediation efforts.
- Risk of burn out and high attrition due to the demands being put on hard-pressed IT admin and security teams when it comes to recovery efforts for endpoints.
- Reputational damages due to extended outages.
The Absolute Ransomware Response product delivers the following capabilities:
- Check Strategic Ransomware Readiness Across Endpoints
- Enable Ransomware Cyber Hygiene Across Endpoints
- Report on Hardware and Software Inventory
- Assess Device Security Posture
- Discover Sensitive Endpoint Data
- Secure, On-Device End User Communications
- Freeze At-Risk Devices
- Expedite Recovery Tasks
- Self-Healing for Endpoint Security Tools
- Self-Healing for Device Management Tools
- Assist in Ransomware Recovery for Endpoints
At the beginning of the engagement, a professional services technical consultant will review the existing standard security controls across endpoints, identifying key controls (e.g., anti-virus/anti-malware, endpoint protection, or endpoint detection and response solutions) and device management tools that are required to minimize ransomware exposure and assure expedited recovery efforts.
At the beginning of the engagement, a professional services technical consultant will help establish application resilience policies to ensure that identified mission-critical security applications and device management tools are installed and functioning as intended. In addition, a professional services technical consultant will train customer personnel on how to continuously monitor application health and apply these baseline policies to new devices as they are enrolled.
A professional services technical consultant will remotely help in endpoint recovery efforts for up to two incidents per year, following a pre-defined playbook and leveraging the existing Absolute product capabilities.
Absolute Ransomware Response is available on Windows devices only since it is the most common OS-target for ransomware attacks.
Absolute Ransomware Response yields the following benefits:
- Check customer’s strategic ransomware readiness
- Establish a cyber hygiene baseline across endpoints
- Expedite recovery tasks
- Provide remote assistance in endpoint recovery efforts by sharing proven expertise, putting less demands on hard-pressed IT admin and security teams.
The Absolute Ransomware Response Add-On for Control customers delivers Ransomware Readiness Check, Ransomware Cyber Hygiene Enablement, Ransomware Recovery Assistance, Reach, Endpoint Data Discovery, as well as Self-Healing for one management application (e.g., Microsoft SCCM, Microsoft Intune) and one anti-malware application.
The Absolute Ransomware Response Add-On for Resilience customers delivers Ransomware Readiness Check, Ransomware Cyber Hygiene Enablement, and Ransomware Recovery Assistance.
Take action and learn more
How to buy
Choose the Absolute product package that provides the benefits your organization needs.
Explore our use cases to learn how you can maximize the return on your tech investment with Absolute.
View all use cases
Take the tour
Sign up for a demo and learn how Absolute can empower your organization.
Request a demo
Like what you're hearing?
We’d love to show you how Absolute can secure and empower your organization.
Looking for more information? Join an upcoming product overview with live Q&A
Secure EndpointSelf Healing: Ensure the efficacy of your most valued security applications
June 13, 2023 | 8:30 AM PT
Secure AccessEndpoint & Network Visibility: Ensure visibility and control, even outside of the corporate network
June 27, 2023 | 8:30 AM PT