In 2011 the United States Environmental Protection Agency sought a new solution, compared several, and chose Absolute Software. The EPA currently has 1090 licenses of Computrace for endpoint security and 2000 licenses of Absolute Manage for endpoint management. As a government agency, it is essential for the EPA to track, manage and secure the computers, laptops and tablets in their deployment - something they are now able to do easily and cost effectively with Absolute Computrace and Absolute Manage.
- More Case Studies
- Case Study: Pittsfield Public School District Fills IT Headcount Using Absolute Manage and Absolute Service
When the school purchased 1200 Apple iBooks they knew their current methods weren’t going to work for so many devices. They needed a way to remotely push out applications and patches without having to touch each device manually.
- Case Study: Maple Ridge – Pitt Meadows School District Improves Literacy, Empowers Teachers, and Manages Devices with Absolute Manage
As part of their vision for making every individual feel valued and for all learners to reach their full potential, the Maple Ridge – Pitt Meadows School District has a literacy focus and has embraced technology to achieve these goals.
- Case Study: Syddansk Erhvervsskole
Peace of mind for one of Denmark's largest technology colleges thanks to Computrace.
- Case Study: Southern Kern Unified School District Protects Students and Secures Laptops with Absolute Computrace and Absolute Safe Schools
Faced with 650 laptops in circulation in 2014 among pre-teens, and another 650 planned for high school students in 2015, the IT department at SKUSD needed a way to prevent the theft of laptops.
- Case Study: CASAColumbia Protects Valuable Research Data and Tracks Expensive Assets with Absolute Computrace and Absolute Manage
"We now have peace of mind knowing that if a laptop goes missing, we can track it, and - if necessary - freeze it or wipe it clean," says Su. "We can also see if data has been accessed."
- Case Study: Gothenburg University improves user experience and IT support service with Absolute Manage
Learn how Gothenburg University cut the number and duration of helpdesk calls, created a more personalised IT experience and increased productivity for its users with Absolute Manage.
- Case Study: Paterson Charter School for Science and Technology
Read about how Paterson Charter School keeps students in line and protects their Apple iPad investment with Absolute Manage and Computrace Mobile Theft Management.
- Case Study: Capital Guardian Youth ChalleNGe Academy
"The Absolute geofencing capabilities have been the most important thing for us: Our campus is 29 acres, and the cadets spend their time in buildings and dorms. Without Computrace, we'd have no hope of tracking where the laptops went and whether...
- Case Study: Kungälvs Kommun diminishes the threat and fear of violent theft for their pupils with Absolute Computrace
Learn how pupils remain safe in threatening situations by being able to hand over their device and leave the investigation and recovery to Absolute Software and local authorities.
- Case Study: Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute
"We are getting more and more out of Absolute Manage all the time," says Hanes. "First, power savings, next the management piece, especially for tracking warranty info and producing reports. We use the remote control features all the time."