September 18, 2013 marks the official release of Apple's iOS7; if your enterprise supports iOS devices (iPhones, iPads), whether corporate-owned or BYOD, IT needs to be prepared for effectively rolling out iOS7.
I spoke with Tech Republic about 7 Tips for Supporting iOS7 in the Enterprise. Detailed in full on Tech Republic, these 7 tips include:
- Use Apple IDs for BYOD, allowing enterprise the ability to purchase business apps through the Apple Volume Purchase Program (VPP) and distribute them to devices, even employee-owned devices
- Know your third-party iOS apps to ensure they are MDM friendly
- Read the fine print to make sure your device is supported by the upgrade
- Test, retest and rewrite in-house apps
- Decide between BYOD vs COPE
- Use per app VPNs for improved app performance
- Upgrade to iOS 7
Is your mobile deployment ready for the iOS7 upgrade?