The bring-your-own-device (BYOD) trend is coming to every workplace. We have covered many times the ways your company can embrace, rather than fight, this trend while managing the new security challenges that come along with consumerization. SearchConsumerization recently put together a set of tips that encourages you to embrace BYOD:
- Stop trying to fight users who simply want to get their work done
- Provide alternatives to limiting applications / programs. Roadblocks simply encourage users to search out less secure alternatives
- Avoid 'crapplications', or applications that are not user-friendly
- Realize BYOD is a business issue that requires company-wide input
- Focus IT's role, particularly when it comes to policing internet use
- Manage data, not devices
For more information, read up on how to build a BYOD policy in three easy steps.