Healthcare organizations around the world rely on Absolute Software to secure devices and the sensitive patient data they contain. Close to 80% of healthcare data breach scenarios can be mitigated with Absolute Software.
More healthcare workers than ever before are taking care of patients outside of the hospital. In fact, the fastest growing segment is Alternative Care, including home care, infusion clinics and traveling nurses. With an increasingly mobile workforce, healthcare employees rely on portable devices such as laptops and tablets to access patient information and update healthcare records on the go.
Some of the costliest breaches have resulted from lost or stolen Healthcare devices. Read our Whitepaper for details of these data breach cases.
In the past 5 years, 31.4 million people have had their Protected Health Information (PHI) compromised in privacy and security breaches. Read Forrester's Brief on the state of Healthcare data security.
Securing patient data beyond the network
To protect sensitive data, Absolute healthcare customers rely on a trusted lifeline to each device, regardless of user or location. Patented Absolute persistence technology allows IT administrators to maintain contact with each device, on or off the network. If an unauthorized user attempts to uninstall the Absolute software agent, it will automatically reinstall. And if suspicious activity occurs, IT is alerted so they can remotely invoke preemptive or reactive security measures such as device freeze, data delete or data retrieval to ensure - and most importantly prove - that compliance measures were in place.
Secure Healthcare Devices with Absolute Computrace
- Create customized alerts for suspicious behavior
- Track and locate assets, regardless of user or location
- Set geofences to ensure devices stay within authorized areas
- Monitor device status and run encryption status and antivirus update reports
- Perform security incident response and remediation (data retrieval, data delete, device freeze, end user messaging)
- Investigation and recovery services for lost and stolen devices
- Reduce asset inventory cycles from days to minutes
- Run compliance reports and certificates (end-of-life protocols, historical device record, encryption status reports)
Manage Healthcare Devices with Absolute Manage
- Monitor vulnerability using standard Security Content Automation Protocol reports
- Protect the network from faulty updates using automated patch management
- Remotely configure consistent policies, settings and restrictions across any device
- Manage administration, healthcare staff, and physician devices based on the unique requirements of each user and department
- Automate enrollment for BYOD and COPE programs
- Distribute and access confidential documents securely in compliance with data security regulations
- Secure and/or restrict access to organizational resources, including email, VPN and Wi-Fi networks
- Automate software inventory tracking to ensure compliance with software vendor contracts
Whitepaper: The Cost of a Data Breach: Healthcare Settlements Involving Lost or Stolen Devices
IT leaders today are reinventing their infrastructure to support a mobile workforce and a complex array of connected devices. Against this backdrop of mobility and connectivity, Healthcare IT is tasked with meeting compliance challenges in an...Type: Whitepaper | Publish Date: 01/10/2014
Whitepaper: Achieving HIPAA Compliance
On September 23, 2013, new rules were implemented to ensure that healthcare organizations, as well as their business associates and subcontractors, are compliant with HIPAA regulations to secure personal health information (PHI). Compliance with data...Type: Whitepaper | Publish Date: 27/11/2013
Whitepaper: HIPAA Violations Incur Multi-Million Dollar Penalties
HIPAA regulations have undergone major changes in the last few years, giving both the federal and state Governments new powers and enhanced resources to pursue HIPAA violations. Read about some recent breaches that cost the violating parties...Type: Whitepaper | Publish Date: 27/11/2013
Whitepaper: Mobile Devices Everywhere: Healthcare Organizations Need Innovative Technology to Manage & Secure Mobility
Learn how healthcare organizations can ensure data security in a mobile computing environment, without violating personal privacy laws and while complying with Government regulations.Type: Whitepaper | Publish Date: 18/10/2011