A Service Guarantee is a warranty, not an insurance policy. The Service Guarantee period will commence on the theft report date and will end after 60 days. Providing customers meet all eligibility criteria, they will receive an email including a Submission Form after the Service Guarantee period. This form, along with any other requested documentation, must be returned to Absolute Software and payment will be made within 30 days of receipt.
Q:What are the criteria for eligibility?A:
- Theft must occur within a Service Guarantee Territory. Our current Service Guarantee territories include Canada, US, UK & Australia. If the computer was stolen outside of our Service Guarantee territory customers will not qualify for the Service Guarantee.
- Proof of Purchase must be provided. A copy of the Proof of Purchase may be required as we need this to ensure we calculate the correct reimbursement value for a Service Guarantee payment.
- Police Report must be provided. We require the Police Report information to be provided to us within a certain amount of time as this information is critical to the success of our investigation, and to the recovery of your computer. Without this information we cannot begin our investigation efforts with the local authorities, and therefore our chances of successfully recovering a stolen device are reduced.
- A Service Guarantee Payment is not eligible if there has been a successful Theft Recovery, or if the successful launch of a Locking Operation or Data Delete Operation (of any type) has taken place on the Customer Device in question within a Service Guarantee Period, the applicable Service Guarantee will be deemed to have been fulfilled and the customer will not be eligible for a Service Guarantee Payment.
Q:If I receive the Service Guarantee payment, will you still continue to track my computer?A:
We will continue to track and attempt to recover your computer for up to one year after the theft is reported to us, regardless of your Service Guarantee status.
Q:I've been declined for the Service Guarantee, can I transfer my license?A:
Yes, however, the process of transferring a license from one computer to another requires the license to be removed / uninstalled from the current computer so that it can be installed on your new computer. To do this, we must close your existing Theft Report. If you wish to transfer your license please contact our Global Support team at www.absolute.com/support for assistance.
Q:If the attempt to recover my stolen computer is unsuccessful, when will I receive my Service Guarantee payment?A:
Providing you meet all the eligibility criteria, when the 60 day guarantee period expires you will receive an email that will include the Submission Form. This form, along with any other requested documents will then need to be returned to us. Payment will be sent within 30 days of receiving the paperwork.
Q:If I request a Data Delete on my stolen computer, does the Service Guarantee still apply?A:
If Data Delete is applied on the stolen device the Service Guarantee is still in effect. Once the computer connects to the internet and Data Delete launches (starts deleting data from your hard drive) the Service Guarantee is then void.
Q:What is the Prepaid Service Guarantee Balance?A:
This is a new component within EUSA 4.0. It allows us to shorten the window of disruption to our customers and provide them with a Service Guarantee payment quickly so they can obtain a replacement device.
During this time, the Absolute Theft Recovery team will continue to work on the investigation and in some instances the device will be successfully recovered within 60 days of the Service Guarantee payment.
In these instances an amount equivalent to the Service Guarantee payment will be transferred forward and used towards the next theft claim made by the customer (versus requiring that the customer repay the amount to Absolute Software). This means the customer’s account will show a prepaid service guarantee balance in the positive and from which future Service Guarantee payments will be deducted.
For more information regarding EUSA 4.0, please read the FAQ.
Q:For how long will you track my stolen computer?A:
Our Recovery Team will track your stolen computer for one year from the date the theft was reported to us.
Q:Does the location of theft have an affect on the Service Guarantee?A:
Yes, our current Service Guarantee territories include Canada, US, UK & Australia. If the computer was stolen outside of our Service Guarantee territory you will not qualify for the Service Guarantee.
Q:Why might I need to provide Proof of Purchase with my Service Guarantee Submission Form?A:
A copy of the Proof of Purchase may be required as we need this to ensure we calculate the correct reimbursement value for your Service Guarantee payment.
Q:Why do I need to provide the Police Report information within a certain time period?A:
We require the Police Report information to be provided to us within a certain amount of time as this information is critical to the success of our investigation, and to the recovery of your computer. Without this information we cannot begin our investigation efforts with the local authorities, and therefore our chances of successfully recovering your stolen computer are reduced.
Q:How long is the Service Guarantee Period?A:
Your Service Guarantee Period will commence on the Theft Report Date and will end sixty (60) days after the Theft Report Date.
Q:How much will I receive for my Service Guarantee payment?A:
Your Service Guarantee payment will equal a percentage of the original proof of purchase (OPoP) of the Customer Device up to a maximum amount, as follows:
Theft Report Date
(based on year of Service Term)
Percentage of OPoP
Within the First Year
During the Second Year
During the Third Year
During the Fourth Year
During the Fifth Year
Q:Where can I learn more about the full terms and conditions of the Service Guarantee and related eligibility criteria?A:
The current version of our Service Agreement is available here: http://www.absolute.com/company/legal/agreements
- FAQ: Absolute Persistence Technology
What is Absolute persistence? Absolute persistence allows customers to maintain a connection with all of the devices in their deployment. The ability to connect with each device means they can perform management and security actions regardless of...
- FAQ: Absolute Investigations
Frequently asked investigations and recovery questions and answers.