The features available with Absolute Manage provide organizations with unrivaled asset management capabilities. From computer imaging, patch management, MDM security, and BYOD policy automation, each capability allows IT to properly manage and secure the endpoint.
Insight to what’s installed on a device is a baseline compliance and security requirement. IT needs to know if software license quotas have been exceeded and if blacklisted apps have been installed:
- Collect data and track applications and licenses by device.
- Intelligently manage licenses and avoid over-install penalties.
- Locate, terminate, and remove unlicensed and unauthorized software.
- Simplify application repackaging for Mac and Windows and save time with the InstallEase utility.
BYOD and user empowerment mean that IT must secure and manage a wide variety of devices and operating systems:
- Use device data to remotely monitor and assess each device.
- Monitor encryption status by device including encryption product, version, status of encryption, and other details.
- Set stronger passwords for tablet and phone devices, clear a password, lock a device, and wipe it clean to factory settings.
- Use an automated BYOD employee enrollment process to eliminate manual IT work.
- Read our BYOD Policy Implementation Guide for best practices.
- Manage corporate and government regulations with the Security Content Automation Protocol report.
- Generate unique certificates per user to authenticate Exchange email access (versus traditional passwords) for a much higher degree of security, an improved end user experience, and a significant reduction in password related security and help desk incidents.
Relying on manual processes to properly manage patch status by device is not an economical model. More importantly, the organization may be at risk if patches are outdated:
- Centrally manage and install patches.
- Track and report on patch status by device.
- Test and install new patches on a subset of devices before a broader deployment.
- Automatically add updates.
IT administrators can easily spend the bulk of their time carrying out standard maintenance routines. Automating processes such as computer imaging means they can invest time in the important work:
- Use a single automated process to install a complete operating system and standard applications.
- Deploy a disk image while a computer is in use and automatically migrate user folders, network settings and Directory Access settings with no interruption to users.
Accurate device data means that IT can focus only on those devices that need attention:
- Gather hundreds of hardware and software data points.
- Display data with custom views, searches and reports.
- Export data into various file formats.
- Import existing data from Active Directory and Open Directory for consistent identity management and user authentication methodology.
- Integrate asset information into third party applications such as Microsoft SCCM and Web Help Desk.
Save money and conserve natural resources by implementing a power management policy:
- Base the policy on user behavior and work schedules to enforce the most energy efficient profile.
- Analyze the data generated by the policy to determine resource savings and to plan for greater efficiencies.
- Leverage government and tax rebates for energy management compliance
- Learn more about Power Management with Absolute Manage