The features available with Absolute Computrace provide organizations with unprecedented insight to the state of the devices in their deployment. While you can persistently track and secure all of your endpoints within a single cloud-based console. The features and benefits vary for different form factors, so please reference our feature matrices for more information.
Using a cloud-based interface, customers can manage their entire deployment (desktops, laptops, ultra-portable devices) regardless if the device is on or off the network.
- Collect incredibly accurate and comprehensive information from each device
- Create customized policies and alerts to be notified when a change is detected
- Asset information includes user identification, physical location, hardware and software, antivirus and encryption status, and hundreds of other data points
If the device is not secure, then the data it contains is at risk. Absolute Computrace allows IT to remotely engage with the device so that data can be safeguarded or removed:
- Remotely delete sensitive data on computers at risk
- Produce an audit log of the deleted files to prove compliance
- Freeze a device and send a message to the user
- Remotely retrieve files from a device regardless of user or location
- Monitor the status of encryption on each endpoint
The physical location of a device can often predict if it is secure or at risk, so knowing where it is (and where it’s been) can be an important factor within your GRC policy:
- Track assets on an internet map including current and historical locations
- Build geofences and receive an alert if a device strays
- Investigate and determine device status based on its physical location
The ability to understand why and how something happened is critical, especially when proving chain of custody or when criminal activity is suspected. The Absolute Investigations and Recovery Services Team can:
- Forensically mine a stolen computer regardless of location
- Use key captures, registry and file scanning, geolocation, and other investigative techniques to understand how and why a device was breached
- Determine who has the device, what they’re doing with it, and whether any data was accessed
- Learn more about our additional customized services
In instances where a criminal act has resulted in the theft of a computer, tablet or smartphone device, the Absolute Investigations and Recovery Services Team will perform an investigation and provide the results to local police to assist in their criminal investigation. The team has participated in 30,000+ successful recoveries, working closely with police agencies around the world. A Service Guarantee of up to $1,000 is an optional component, available if a recovery or data delete service is not successful (some conditions apply).