Samsung builds computers, tablets and smartphones with our Absolute persistence module embedded in the firmware.
Once activated, Absolute persistence technology will survive operating system re-installations, hard drive reformats and even hard drive replacements. By maintaining a persistent connection with their devices, Samsung customers can track, manage, and protect all of their computers (and the data they contain). In the event of theft, the Absolute Investigations team will work with local police to solve the crime and recover the computer.
Absolute Software announces global partnership with Samsung Electronics to provide enterprise mobility management and theft protection to GALAXY mobile devices. Learn more about our global partnership with Samsung
Absolute LoJack Now Available for the Samsung GALAXY Note 4
Consumers can now purchase the first theft recovery solution for Android smartphones.
Owners of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 products now have Absolute LoJack, a hardware and software solution that survives a hard reset or wipe. If stolen, the Absolute Investigations team can help locate and return your smartphone. If your device is lost, you can remotely delete files or lock the smartphone so nobody can access your personal information. Learn more Absolute LoJack
Samsung for Enterprise (SAFE)
Fragmentation of the base Android MDM API has made it very difficult to standardize enterprise manageability and security requirements. In response, hardware vendors have developed extended management APIs that provide enterprise level functionality, configurability, and security. The most extensive API on the market today is from the leading Android hardware vendor, Samsung.
The SAFE API provides security and feature enhancements suitable for business use. SAFE includes:
- Advanced Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync features
- On-device AES 256-bit encryption
- VPN connectivity
- Top-tier, multi-vendor MDM support
Absolute Manage provides complete support for SAFE.
Samsung provides customers with a comprehensive Android-based mobile security platform combining both hardware and software security features. This unique platform includes Absolute persistence technology and managed theft protection services available with Absolute Computrace, allowing Samsung customers to remotely track, manage and secure their laptops, tablets and smartphones. Absolute's enterprise mobility management solution, Absolute Manage, also supports the extended APIs and workspace container available with KNOX 2.0, providing customers with the following capabilities:
- KNOX Workspace: Provides a virtual Android environment within the mobile device. This workspace has its own home screen, launcher, apps, and widgets. All data and apps within an enterprise workspace are completely separated from personal data and apps, enabling a more secure Android platform while providing app protection and enterprise services. Within Absolute Manage, customers can remotely create and manage the KNOX Workspace.
- Per-app VPN: Enables an individual app or group of apps to transmit data over a secure VPN connection
- Data encryption: Full-device and container-level data encryption fully protect app data on the device
Absolute Manage provides complete support for Samsung KNOX, along with device remote control capabilities. Absolute Persistence technology is also embedded in a number of leading Samsung devices, as listed below. Learn more about Absolute Software’s capabilities and support for Samsung devices.
For older devices or devices not listed below, a BIOS Flash or firmware update may be available from the manufacturer.